Wednesday, August 17, 2005

2005 Bridge Pedal


I participated in this year's Bridge Pedal for the first time in quite a few years, and I had a great time. I did the 38-mile, 10-bridge route. I know that lots of people have been complaining about the sheer volume of bikers that took part, because there were a lot of resulting bottlenecks. I can't really see how 20,000 people on bikes taking over shut-down freeway bridges is a bad thing though. After all, the BP isn't meant to be a race, it's more like a festival, and a chance to see the city from a different perspective. This is true whether you rarely ride a bike and are seeing things from the saddle for the first time, or you ride regularly and are simply experiencing something outside your normal routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home